A day in life and home of a child in an informal settlements.

Hi my name is John. I live in an informal settlements where we don’t have a lot of money. Today when I woke up my mother was still asleep because she’s a bit sick so I looked for breakfast but there wasn’t anything. So I  went to school and it was such a long walk. While I was in class with all 60 kids in my class I was thinking about how I had no breakfast and I was so hungry. I feel sorry for my teacher because she alone has to teach 60 kids. I couldn’t focus very well because I ate nothing. Thanks to my friend he gave me some of his lunch at lunch time. When school was over I did the long walk again to home. I finished my homework which was really hard due to the fact I had a very little pencils and erasers. I played cricket with my friends after we found a bat and ball in all the rubbish that there was. My mom is really sick everyday I have to go to the hospital after school with my older sister and my mom to get medication and it’s so full. The one time my sister and I got sick because of everyone around us. The one day I heard about this fire proof house and I think we should get one. What would also solve our problems is that solar panel phone charger because I found a working phone in the trash and I need to charge it. Tomorrow’s my birthday and I can’t wait but the thing my sister is older than me but her birthday is on mine to. And I just wish our family wasn’t that poor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Onthouboks